Truckee Police Department

What should I do if my property is lost or stolen?

If your property has been lost or stolen you should file a report by calling (530) 550-2320. If you have a record of the serial number on the item or an owner applied number give this to the officer.

Read More

When may I claim my property that was taken for safekeeping?

Owners may pick up their property after calling and making an appointment. If the property is not picked up within 60 days the unclaimed items will be given to a charitable organization, or be disposed.

Read More

What type of identification is needed to pick up property?

A valid driver’s license or state ID card, military ID or passport.

Read More

May someone else pick up my property?

If it is necessary for someone else to pick up your property, the police department must receive a notarized letter of authorization from you, along with the proper ID.

Read More

Recent Posts